Saturday, September 18, 2010

My eccentricity is evident in many places... but mainly my room.

And one of them is, most definitely, mi cuarto.

There are several things one can assume from my room.
1) I like to read. A lot.
2) I'm very interested in travel.
3) Can you say, "theatre geek?"
4) HAAARRYYY POTTTEEERRRR.
5) And LOTR.
6) I collect porcelain dolls and fairies.
7) I have a LOT of stuff. Odd stuff.
8) I'm just a little OCPD.
And more.

I have a LOT of books in my room. Like, over 250. And I've read all of them. If you open one of them up, you'll also be able to learn a lot about me. Most of my books have little scribbles and notes in them- my opinion, a particularly moving passage highlighted, etc. I also have book jackets on my walls.

There's also a lot of pictures from places around the world on my walls- like, every postcard everyone's ever sent me, prints of Italy, posters, drawing, pages torn out of old calendars.

And I have a lot of odd theatre stuff. Stuff like posters for Phantom and quotes and sheet music in binders, but also things like hot pink Cindy wigs, funny hats, and costumes.

Harry Potter is an obvious one. I have quote posters on my wall, bookmarks, the series, books ABOUT Harry, figurines, Spectre-Specs, a Slytherin scarf, tie, and hat, the HP trivia game, 13+ shirts, 18+ necklaces, fan art drawings, signed photos, and much more. In fact, I have an entire WALL devoted to HP stuff.

And the LOTR is also obvious. Drawings, posters, bookmarks, book jackets, quotes, etc.

I have over 88 porcelain dolls, and a whole shelf of fairies.

Besides all the other stuff I described, there's a ton of random objects on my walls and ceiling. Things like headphone cords, teapots, keys, pop-tops, posters, fake money, postcards, a plastic cheetah figurine thingy, a spoon... I try ro make my room interesting. If you really want to see everything, it would probably take you years.

About the whole OCPD thing.... well, OCPD basically means OCD, but not so serious. For example, someone who's OCD might have their entire room color coded, but someone OCPD would more likely have parts of their room color coded, because they were too busy doing something else to entirely do it (but they would have if they had had time). So I have OCPD tendencies- my entire room is hideously messy, but certain parts are meticulously organized.

It's really difficult to describe my room without actually showing it to you. And, right now, my room doesn't really look like that, because I'm packing up EVERYTHING because we're remodeling my room so that it's bigger. Because my room is miniscule right now.

1 comment:

luyf;u said...

I bet your room is EPIC