Saturday, September 18, 2010

Harry Potter Challenge.

So, I filled this out on AW forum, but I'm going to do it here, too, and add some more thought to it.

1) What's your favorite Harry Potter book?
My favorite would really have to be Deathly Hallows, although I also really like HBP and OotP (although most people don't.) I don't really like CoS or SS (although it is amazing because it started it all) because they really just introduce the characters and everything, which gets dull after you've read them so many times. PoA's the slowest of the books, I think, especially since Voldie isn't mentioned at all, and GoF I don't really have a huge opinion on either way. Of course I love them all, but...
2) What's your favorite Harry Potter movie?
Well, I love SS and CoS because the trio is just so little and adorable, and Dumbie's right. But I also really like HBP because they're all so grown up, and there's the humorous aspect to it, although it's also really dark. I've probably watched HBP more than any other movie, but I'm sure DH will be my favorite soon. I love and hate them all, I guess.
3) Is there any of the films adaptations that have made you angry because they’ve ignored important parts of the book?
Oh, yesiree. That's the reason why I love and HATE them all- they leave stuff out. Of course, I understand WHY they left stuff out, but it still really, really annoys me. I can't watch the movies without yelling at the TV. Basically, if they left out something that was in the books, I'm annoyed. If they put it in and it wasn't in the books, I'm probably annoyed at that, too.
4)Who is your least favorite female character?
Lavender Brown is pretty annoying, and I must say, I don't LOVE Ginny or Cho. Please don't kill me.
5) Who's your favorite male character?
Oh, that's really hard. I like Snape, a lot. And, of course, Harry. And Dumbles is amazing.
6) What house would you want to be in? I'm a Slytherin by choice, Ravenclaw by the hat. People need to realize that Slytherins aren't always evil. So, if it's canon, I'm Slytherin. If it's not, I'm Slytherclaw/House of Awesome.
7) Who is your favorite female character?
Also really, really difficult. I love Hermione because she's so similar to me. Luna is amazing. Bellatrix is great. Mrs. Weasley is cool. Madame Pomfrey doesn't get enough screentime. Prfsr. McGonagall kicks ass.
8) What do you think would be your favorite lesson?
I think I would love charms, DADA, and transfiguration. Astronomy sounds fun.
9) Who's your least favorite male character?
Obv., I don't like Lucius, or Lockhart. Voldie's pretty awesome, though. Esp. AVPM Voldie.
10) Horcruxes or Hallows?
I'd like to hope that I'd choose hallows, not horcruxes.
11) What character would you say you are most like?
I'm kind of a mix between Hermione and Luna.
12) What's your favorite 'ship?
Non-canon or canon? As far as non-canon goes, I love Snape/Lily, Luna/Neville, Quirrelmort, and Dramione (it's just funny).
13) What's your least favorite movie?
Again, I love and hate them all. Maybe GoF.
14) Team Voldermort or Team Harry?
I'm a DA Slytherin, okay? Team Harry all the way.
15) Who would be your best friends at hogwarts?
Probably Luna and Hermione, and hopefully Harry.
16) Who's your favorite teacher?
McGonagall and Snape.
17) Are you excited about The Deathly Hallows movie or scared it won’t do the book justice?
BOTH. Mainly excited, though.
18) What's your least favorite book?
Probably SS or CoS, as I said.
19) Do you prefer the books or films?
Did. You. Seriously. Just. Ask. That. Question. BOOKS ALL THE WAY!
20) If you had to meet one member of the cast, who would it be?
Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, Daniel Radcliffe. Actually, I would probably literally DIE if I could meet Darren Criss. Seriously, I would DIE.
21) Out of all the characters that died, if you could bring one back, who would it be?
Fred. And Snape. I miss Fred.
22) Harry Potter or Twilight?
If you have to ask, AVADA KEDAVRA.
23) Are there any part of the books/movies that makes you cry?
Yes. Especially if I'm already in a sad mood. I cry when I see the old Dumbie. I cry when Fred dies. And when Snape dies. And when Voldie dies, because it's over. I cry when Dumbie dies, in the books and movies. I cry when Sirius dies, in both. I cry when Harry goes to die, and when he sees all the people in the Great Hall, dead. I cry during Snape's memories. I cry when Dobby dies. I cry even when sad stuff isn't happening, because I know it will in the future.
24) Any particular scene you wished would have been put in the movie but it wasn’t?
Yes. All of them they skipped. AND IF THEY SKIP SNAPE'S MEMORIES SOMEONE'S GOING TO PAY. Same as if they skip "I am about to die" scene.
25) Nineteen years later. Are you happy how it turned out, or do you wish something was different?
It's just so sad to see them all grown up and old, with the series over. I can't really love it, because it's just so horrible to have these people I grew up with be 30+ years old.
26) If you could be able to work one spell without a wand, what would it be?
Summoning. Then I could summon a wand and be able to do all the other spells. I guess that's kind of cheating, though, like asking for 1,000 more wishes.
27) Would you rather own The Invisibility Cloak, The Resurrection Stone or The Elder Wand?
Invisibility Cloak. I agree with Hermione, there.
28) Do you listen to Wizard Wrock? What do you think about it?
I do, and I love it. Some of it stinks, but a lot of it is amazing.
29) Did you enjoy A Very Potter Musical?
Uh, DUH. I'm obsessed with StarkidPotter.
30) What affect has Harry Potter made on your life and how much does it mean to you?
I would be an entirely different person without Harry Potter. It means the world to me. Everything I said in my speech, and so much more. In my speech, I spoke of people coming back from depression and the brink of suicide because of the series. That's me, as painful as it is to say it. Harry has given me role models, morals, life lessons, and a reason to live in a time I needed it most. It has given me something to talk about, and a community to belong to. Harry Potter has given me something to laugh and cry about, to dream about. The series has provided me with friends, and a place to go when I'm sad. The Boy Who Lived has given me amazing music, and humor, and all that A Very Potter Musical involves. And don't get me started on AverageWizard and all that means to me. I could literally go on for hours about this subject, but let it suffice to say that I wouldn't even be writing this today without Harry Potter.

1 comment:

Xtreme Enigma said...

1. My favorite Harry Potter books are Order of the Phoenix and the Deathly Hallows. They are a tie.
2. My favorite Harry Potter movie would have to be The Sorcerers Stone and The GOblet of Fire, another tie.
3. Umm I dont know, I think they did the best they could. THere was stuff left out but it didn't ruined it for me.
4. My least favorite female character would have to be Dolores Umbridge, without a doubt.
5. MI have so many favorite male characters but I think Dobby is #1.
6. My house would be Slytherin because I'm pretty shady and a mix of good and evil.
7. My favorite female character is Hermione.
8. My favorite lesson would probably be anything to do with history.
9. My least favorite male character is Lucius Malfoy.
10. Hallows.
11. I'd say I'm most like Ron.
12. My favorite relationship would have to be Ron?Hermione.
13. My least favorite Harry Potter movie would probably be The Order of The Phoenix, If i had to choose.
14. Team Voldemort
15. My best friends at Hogwarts would be the House-Elfs.
16. My favorite teacher is Professor McGonagall.
17. Super excited about the Deathly Hallows movie.
18. My least favorite book would have to be The Prisoner of Azkraban.
19. I prefer the books.
20. If I could meet one member of the cast it would be Emma Watson.
21. At of all the characters that died I would bring back Voldemort.
22. Harry Potter over Twilight.
23. The only thing that I cried over in the whole Harry Potter experience was in the Deathly Hallows when Dobby died.
24. I just wished they put all the skipped scenes in the movies.
25. I was happy how it turned out but sad that this means the end of Harry Potter.
26. If I could work one spell without a wand it would be where you take people's memory's out.
27. I rather own the Invisibility Cloak.
28. I have no idea what WizardRock is.
29. I have never seen A Very Potter Musical.
30. Harry Potter means a lot to me but obviously not as much as it means to Celly.