Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday, Shout-Outs, and Mommy/Me Fights.

Xtreme Emigma/Sam, you were right; today wasn't as bad as yesterday or the day before. I suppose that was inevitable, because, after all, today is Friday, and yesterday was... not.

And, hey! Guess what! Turns out I wasn't just talking to myself. In July, there were 118 pageviews. In August, 104. In September... 369! This is because of you, AverageWizards. (: I know it because 231 of those views were on my Harry Potter speech, which was, of course, part of a published AW story. Gotta love you all... baby I'm not alone, 'cuz you're here with me.

Aaaanyways.... now I'm done with annoying shout-outs to people who are probably not even reading this... I'll skip straight to the annoying depressing blathering of a random teenager with a totally uninteresting life! Hoooraaayyy!Haha, no, I'll skip it (directly, anyways), and talk about something cool. Something cool other than Harry Potter (which will, today, include AVPM, MAMD, LWL, AW, AW forum, WWoHP, and Helena Bonham Carter).

Oh, right. This totally goes against what I just said, but since I brought it up earlier, and I said I might talk about it, I guess I'll explain what my dear madre and I were arguing about so profusely yesterday.

It all boils down to StarkidPotter and "Not Alone." And me being OCD. Basically, she was making fun of the song/me and singing it with the lyrics "You're all alone/'cuz it's all about me" which really, really bothered me. Anyone who's been on AW for a while and knows my username there will know why, and for those of you who have not, let it suffice to say this song means A TON to me, for a variety of reasons. I actually thought long and hard about whether or not to sing this song at chapel, and open it up to the wide variety of opinions and jokes that were sure to follow, but I finally decided the opportunity was just too great to NOT sing a Starkid song. My mom, of course, could never understand this. I feel like a total angsty teen when I say this, but she really has no idea whatsoever what Starkid, "Not Alone," and AverageWizard mean to me. So when she calls AW "that god-damn website," I get much more upset then I would be if she swore at me.

So, yeah, that's pretty much it. AVPM is hilarious and amazing, but making fun of it is NOT cool. And neither is making fun of AW. At. All.

No comments: