Thursday, March 18, 2010

Religion.

Wow, three posts in a day. I'm going for a record here. Soon I'll run out of insightful things to say about life. I'm not such an interesting person, after all. Chai's all gone. Now what will I drown my sorrows in? Certainly not alchohol. Dr. Pepper? Butterbeer? A problem for a different community, I suppose.

Today in religon class we watched Prince of Egypt. Religion class is always so awkward. I mean, it's a Christian school. I've been going there since kindergarten. I should have gotten used to it by now. But even now.... now worst of all, actually. Our teacher always has us write our opinions on certain things. In the beginning of the year, she had us write our idea of the Creation story. What do you think she would have done if I had written about the Goddess, the Big Bang Theory, and evolution? Would she have thought me insane? I think so. I mean, why not? I am insane, after all.

Being Pagan is rather difficult, after all. Especially in Middle School, when everyone is mad fun of, no matter what. When everything bad is "gay" and all different cultures are "weird." Add that to an Christian school and a rich, snooty private school community.... and you get me, still in the broom closet everywhere but online.

It's especially difficult at times like these. My religion, naturally, is a huge part of my life. I want to tell people. I want to talk about things that are important to me. Alas, it has not yet been so. Times like these- I mean the days and weeks around my religious holidays. I mean this week, with Ostara on Saturday, and late December, with Yule right around the corner, and Halloween, with Samhain. I mean middle February with Imbolc and summer with Midsummer's Day. I mean basically any time around the 8 sabbats. I mean pretty much all the time, actually.

I hate intolerance.

1 comment:

luyf;u said...

Love you Maya! I wish I was more like you, actually. Youre like me times ten- you get SO into things that I'm only kind of into. EXCEPT HARRY POTTER. But you have a LOT of courage!