Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Art in gossip class.

Now, what insightful, amazing thing to I have to say today? Sorry I didn't write yesterday. I was feeling a bit low and didn't really have enough energy to type.

And today... I guess I will write about something like... um... art.

I had art class today. We only have it once a week, but it is a double period. Most of art class in the upper grades isn't much of art and more of gossip and drama and complaining and all that teen hormone jazz. Today we were supposed to be using white paste (like textured wall paint, or really thich white paint like the kind that's used on canvases).

Really we were just smearing paste on our hands and posterboards and shirts (the last accidently) and chatting about couples and people falling over and how wonderful each other's pictures are.

My picture is of a sea otter. You can't really tell what it is, though. Looks more like a ghost otter that's covered in cream cheese and frosting.

But then again, most of my non-painting pictures look kind of strange. The art teacher told me that my clay Oaxacan animal rabbit looked like "the Energizer bunny on drugs." He did have racing stripes on his sides, and his ears were huge, and he was bright purple, but then again, he WAS adorable.

Earlier in the semester, we had art masterpiece sessions, where we each learned about a seperate artist and gave a presentation about them, a painting by them, and our opinion about their styles. Dadaism, op art, Impressionism, post-Impressionism... of course, everyone hates this, because gossip isn't an option because we actually have to LEARN. I kind of like it, though.

I try to avoid gossip, but it is intruging. I mean, I think it's almost human nature. We all love to be knowledgable about our surroundings and the people in our communities, and we all love to know things others don't. And we all love attention and being reassured in our belief that we aren't all totally despised and hated.

I asked a boy I've liked for years out about half a year ago. And he told me to ask him later, so I did a few months after that. And he said yes. But later that evening, he texted me and told me he didn't really mean it and that he didn't like me at all. But I still like him, and I wish he would say yes. He asked one of my best friends out at a bat mitzvah, and I had to go in the bathroom and cry. But he's not going out with her anymore, but I'm not going to get my hopes up about him liking me.

Anyways, people are still talking about it. And that's some of the gossip about me. And the rest is that I'm a total nerdy dork who has no life and no friends.

I love art class.

No comments: