Monday, March 29, 2010

The Happiest Airport on Earth.

I am in supposedly the "Friendliest Airport on Earth," ready to depart for Washington D.C. and the People to People World Leadership (founded by Dwight D. Eisenhower, and led by all presidents since, as all delegates will proudly tell you).

Well, this very friendly airport also conveniently offers free WiFi, so, here I am, talking to you.

One of the best parts of this week long program (admittedly, I can't know too much about the best parts, since it hasn't even started yet) is the fact that this trip involves no parents whatsoever. I was dropped off at security this morning, my parents spied on me through the glass doors up through until security was over, and then I was free of them. I won't see them until Saturday. Of course, this isn't all good. I will miss them a lot, but it IS nice to get away from the hustle and bustle and angriness and yelling and screaming and stuff for at least a week. I'm sure I'll have my own adventures and excitement, but all in all, i think it'll be fairly relaxing compared to my daily life.

For example, my uncle is in town, and has been for the past few months. In fact, he'll probably be staying here permanently. He's been sleeping alternatively on our couch and in my grandma's garage. He used to live in a different state, and rarely visited, but he's back, now, and draining even more money than ever. For what seems like decades we have been supporting him, but now it's gotten even better! He apparently has Hepatitis C, and it's probably going to kill him. And his girlfriend is literally insane- she hears voices and stuff like that. And he eats up money like cottage cheese.

So, I'm not thinking very happy thoughts in the Happiest Airport on Earth.

1 comment:

luyf;u said...

My friend went on a People to Peopl trip last summer, I think!