Monday, March 22, 2010

Poetry.

We read poetry in LA class today. Well, actually, we read poetry that we had written. Bit silly, really. All together now, we've written three poems for LA in the past few weeks. A shape poem, a memory poem, and a free choice. Want to hear the two typed ones? OK, if you insist....

CHOCOLATE AT THE RENAISSANCE FESTIVAL
fabric smooth and crumpled.
the money, body heat, leaves my hand.
in its place falls a pale, crinkled wrapper
filled with cool Chocolate and a handful of change.
i stare at the frosted sweet.

dark cacao with a dribbleoflusciouswhite in the center.
fresh, tart Raspberry tops it, a delicious tiny red crown.
my tongue meets, licks, my parched, dry lips.
Smack!

a single bite – an hour of delicious bliss.
inside the delectable dessert lies another bittersweetred berry,
hidden; a precious gem.
magenta juice oozes from it like tiny honeycombs as I sink in my teeth.

i look up, satisfied, face smeared with Tangible Tastiness.
sticky fingers reach out for more,
nose longs for the lingering scent of
the best Chocolate ever.


Well, looks like I can't find the memory poem. But it's about the Deathly Hallows release party, I'll tell you that.

Maybe I'll post some more of my creative writing outside this blog on here. Next up, a long [short] story.

1 comment:

luyf;u said...

That chocolate sound DELICIOUS! Curses- now I want chocolate.