Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hello. Or not, really.

Here I am. Somehow I always seem to do this. I begin a blog, I post for a few days, I lose inspiration and it falls. I read someone else's blog, the muse of blogging comes to me, and I delete my old blog and start a new one. The cycle goes on....

Hopefully, this one won't be like that. Hopefully, I will be able to continue this one for at least a bit longer than that. And if not for much longer than that, maybe I can at least be busy during those few days. Type a lot... or every few minutes.

Then again, who really cares? Is anyone really reading this? No. Would anyone even bother to read very much of it, even if they did see it? No. I probably wouldn't. Who wants constant updates on my daily life? I certainly don't. This is just another affect of modern media- we all think that people care about every little thing in our lives. Twitter tells people to type every little thing that they think or do. "I think Harry Potter is amazing." "I'm drinking chai right now in a little independent coffee house while my mom plays piano." "I'm typing on my cute little HP Mini laptop into my new blog titleed Peace, Read, Chai."

Twitter, Facebook, AIM, Myspace, Blogspot, television programs like American Idol where you vote on artists.... they have all convinced us that we are important. That someone really cares what happens in our lives out there in the vast universe. And really, what happens to these countless posts by poor, lonely people on countless nameless blogs? Do any of these people actually make friends? Does anyone actually read the heartfilled comments typed painstakingly, or do they just drift off into space, into the mindless abiss of the internet like so many pictures of animals doing human things captioned by mispelled, punny words in Impact font? These are the things I think about when I listen to flute and type at a table with polka dots on it.

7 comments:

CJ said...

Wow...you are in middle school? You alrady have quite a bit of insight with living in this crazy world! When I was your age I didn't know myself like you do...I still struggle. I guess that's why I blog...for a creative outlet.
I feel that technology has created such a "me" society. People don't help others just because it's the right thing to do. They seem to have the "what's in it for me attitude". I worry about our young people in this world. I believe technology, the media, and the lack of parenting is creating most of their problems.

Celly said...

Thanks, CJ.

I'm not quite sure I know myself quite as much as it may seem, but it's good to know that someone else thinks so.

Blogging is a great outlet, especially because it's fairly anonymous and if people judge you, you'll probably never know.

I agree, the media and things like that probably aren't the best things to expose children to. If they aren't playing videogames that involve killing and detroying people from other cultures, they're reading books like Twilight which seem to support abusive boyfriends and teen pregnancy.

And it seems like someone actually DOES read these blogs.... maybe all the posts people write meet some people on their way out into space.

CJ said...

Intersting that you view the Twilight series in that way. I found it good for teens because Edward wanted to wait until he married Bella before having sex. I would like to hear your perspective since you are a teenager. The abusive boyfriend...well he is a vampire ha!ha! We have to remember it's a fictional love story. I enjoyed the books.

Celly said...

Oh, I absolutely hate Twilight.

I think it was good that Edward wanted to wait, but then again, he's doing that because he doesn't want to kill her.

I've heard a lot of stories of girls who thought that it would be a good idea to have children young because Bella did.

And then there's the whole thing with Jacob falling in love with her young daughter.... that's a bit creepy. And Edward's over 100, and in love with a teen. Do we want this generation to be pedophiles? I don't.

I think that even if Edward is a vampire, he shouldn't treat Bella that way. Bella is human, and shouldn't have to put up with a man who treats her that way. I mean, he sneaks into her window and watches her at night. He doesn't listen to the decisions her father makes, and he takes parts out of her car so that she can't see another boy she likes as a friend. He breaks into her house and steals everything that might remind her of him, and leaves her just because the going is getting hard.

And anyways, I think the writing style is horrendous.

CJ said...

Once again WOW! I did find some of the things you mentioned creepy. Really...some girls try to be like a character from a fictional/fantasy book series? I didn't get all ga-ga over the books/movies like some girls AND grown women. (I have a niece who loved them and a niece who hated them.) I would much rather read a Jodi Picoult book. Have you read My Sister's Keeper?

Celly said...

Yeah, many teens try to be like their favorite characters/actors/singers/whatever. It is a very formative age, after all. I try not to be so easily influenced, as you might be able to see from my comments and blog in general.

I went and saw the movies, and I read Twilight, but I didn't really like it, as you also may be able to see.

I didn't read that... I heard it was good, though.

I much prefer J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Tamora Pierce to Stephanie Meyer.

luyf;u said...

Maya! Hi :) I'm going to comment on EVERY SINGLE post. Because I'm bored, that's why. Oh, and I totally agree about Tw***ght- I go to an all girls' school and last year EVERYONE was obsessed. I read the books and kinda sorta didn't absolutely despise them completely, but I have realized the error of my ways. Harry Potter>Tw***ght ANY day.