Friday, April 23, 2010

Writing.

So much has happened in my lfie since I last posted a real, essay post.

And there's so much to blog about in life.

I could tell you about how I saw a sign for a $5 sandwich right enxt to a sign for a $5 phone, and how weird I think that is, or how odd it is that pretty much all the guys who do theatre are gay, or why theatre people are so judgemental, and yet so much more accepting than everyone else.

There's so much to write about, and so little time.

So, instead, I'll write about.. writing. And about how writing is a lot like giving speeches.

When you give a speech, you usually know who you're talking to. You can hear them, see them, feel their breath and their eyes, and almost smell them. The same really goes for writing, if you're good at visualizing. If you know who you want your audience to be when you write, you'll do well. I usually write for myself, or I write for a specific friend (nowadays, *ehem* Chris *ehem*) or I write for my English teacher, who will never read this blog, ever, as far as I know. Or I write for CJ or the unnamed creepy old guy who I'm sure peruses every blog.

Also, when you give a speech, you usually have it either already written down, or in your head. Hopefully you don't just walk into a public speaking position and just... improvise it all. The same thing happens in most writing. You go to open your blog/Word document/notebook, and you usually have some idea of what you're going to say. Of course, a large amount of it gets made up in both cases. The wording isn't quite right; you think of a fact or tidbit you like and want to add in (did you know that 88.6% of people believe anything if it has a percentage in it?) and in it goes. Who cares if it doesn't exactly follow your outline?

Enough of my rambling. I would say thanks and I love you all, but, it isn't in my script.

No comments: