Saturday, April 3, 2010

Washington

Another post today! I’m getting back on track. It’s all this extra time I have in midair, I suppose. But I probably won’t be able to post much once I get to D.C.
Apparently the days are going to be pretty packed, and of course I didn’t bother to check out the itinerary much. Mom says I should just follow what everyone else is doing and hope they DID read the directions.

She also says that I should make some friends this week, because they’re all probably friendless nerds, too. She gives the best advice.

My grandma just told me to behave and not do anything she wouldn’t do. So, that means I’m not allowed to walk further than ten feet or buy anything under $100 or listen to anyone under the age of 40. Or approve or be supporting of anything her grandchildren do.

Not that I’m complaining. I love them all very much, and I’m glad to have them. I would be very, very upset if I didn’t have my grandma to yell at me and criticize me and doubt my beliefs, no sarcasm meant.

I really should be practicing my lines for drama right now, but it’s a little hard to learn a script in an airplane without bothering anyone. And I don’t want to. I finished reading To Kill A Mockingbird and a lot more questions than were assigned, what more do they want? It’s spring break! Do they really think we have no life? I know they all have lives. My mom’s a teacher; I never believed teachers just spent all of break in the supply cupboard or anything. But apparently they believe that about us students. We actually want to have fun, relax, enjoy ourselves over break. Same goes for weekends. It’s only middle school after all; isn’t it supposed to be fun and inspiring and enjoyable to learn and go to school at this point, not tedious and difficult and exhausting? Am I supposed to have no social life due to the large amount of school work?

Ah well. That’s what long plane flights across the country are for, I suppose.

1 comment:

luyf;u said...

I wish my parents would let me fly alone....