Thursday, June 17, 2010

Time Travel.

Yes, I've fallen so low that all I have to write about is the most basic of grade school creative writing prompts, but, bear with me.

What would I do if I could travel back in time and witness any historical event?

As you know, I'm particularly fond of history, so, this is a difficult topic for me. There are just so many amazing different occasions that would be really interesting to watch- especially if I could stay safe and sound while watching them. For example, the Black Plaugue would be really informative and interesting, but also really, really scary.

I guess some of the main things I'd like to see if I could go back in time (especially if I could share my discoveries with the world) would be these:

The building of the pyramids and other Egyptian marvels- it would be amazing to finally be able to discover the true mystery of all that, and find out just how the Egyptians made such huge structures without pwoer tools, cranes, or any modern technology. Was it really aliens?

The building of Stonehenge- again, major historical mystery.

The Golden Age of Athens- I would really love to see some of the Ancient Greek plays (if I spoke the language, of course) and speak to some of the great philosophers, mathematicians, and playwrights.

A Shakespearian show during the time of Shakespeare- just not M**beth, please. If you don't understand why that's "censored," the show is unlucky to the extreme. In fact, if you say it in a theatre, you have to go outside the theatre, say it backwards three times while spinning in a circle, spit on the floor, and then wait to be let back in (without knocking or shouting). It's just not a good idea, and I, although not particularly suspicious, see no reason to challenge the powers that be, you know? (Especially after having to go through that.)

The time of the Minoans- Such an advanced civilization (considered to be Atlantis, the Minoans had running water and other technology that wasn't around after their time for centuries). It would be really interesting to see just what else they developed, and see how all these discoveries were made. I would love to know so much more about them.

A Roman bathhouse- I would love to have that experience. The Romans where the cleanest ancient people, and I'd be really interested to see exactly what that meant- studying it only gives you such a view.

History is such an interesting thing. I would love to be present for all of history, even the horrible, violent, bloody parts. But, I suppose that might ruin the whole "present" thing if I was "present" in the "past."

No comments: