Thursday, June 17, 2010

Invisibility.

The age-old question- if you had an invisibility cloak, what would you do?

We know what Harry Potter (in the books) would do- sneak around the castle, check out forbidden books, visit Hagrid, and, ultimately, defeat Voldemort.

We also know what Harry Potter (in A Very Potter Musical) would do- kick weiner dogs. (If you haven't yet seen A Very Potter Musical, do it now. You heard me- go!)

But what we don't know- and I'm sure you're all DYING to find out- is what I would do if I had an invisibility cloak. And there isn't quite one answer, because there's so many things I'd like to do.

Having always been somewhat suspicious that way, I guess I'd like to really see if people DO talk about me behind my back, and what they say. It'd be reassuring to know for sure that they weren't, and had better things to do.

I would also probably do something illegal, although I wish I was a better person than that- steal a bagel, sneak on to a flight with a lot of empty seats to someplace nicer than here... you know the thing. Seeing as I won't ever get my hands on an invisibility cloak, you don't have to worry about it. And anyways, the whole idea is, what would you do if nobody could see you?

I might stage my own funeral and see who would cry, and what would be said. Typical, I know, but, still- very interesting.

Perhaps I would just escape and go sit somewhere by myself with a nice book and a cup of chai and read and nap.

What about you?

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

If I had an invisibility cloak, I'd probably sneak out a lot.

Or sneak onto a plane heading to England, I've always wanted to go to England. I'd probably find more interesting things to do with it if I actually had one.

I'd probably torture my brother a bit, which would be interesting. Hmm.
There are so many thing you could do if you got a hold of an invisibility cloak that it is hard to write about it. Hah. :)